- Automated Software Engineering. This is a project with to automate test generation by combining techniques from machine learning and machine reasoning.
- Reducing Software Vulnerability. Focusing specifically on security vulnerabilities, we are pursuing research along the lines suggested by the NIST inter-agency report "Dramatically Reducing Software Vulnerabilities" We are primarily exploring software analysis approaches based on mathematics and logic that can guarantee the absence of security holes.
- Thonny: A python IDE for beginners. Thonny is a Python IDE for learning programming. It is used in all our introductory programming courses and MOOCs. There are many thesis topics if you want to make life easier for future learners.
- Educational Software (Rein Prank). Developing and evaluating educational software for teaching mathematics and logic.
- goblint, our static data race analyzer for multi-threaded C, co-developed with TU München.
- ZeroTurnaround, the startup founded by Jevgeni Kabanov that aims to increase programmer productivity by improving the deployment of code.
- Plumbr, the startup co-founded by Nikita Salnikov-Tarnovski for discovering Memory Leaks in Java.
- Alvor, a program analyser for finding SQL bugs in Java code.